Location: Columbus, Ohio
Papa John’s is seeking enthusiastic people to join the team as Assistant Managers and Shift Leaders throughout the Columbus, Ohio area. In summary, qualified personnel will supervise shifts and/or work areas in the operation of a Papa John’s restaurant to ensure high quality products and customer service are delivered to ensure restaurant profitability. Other responsibilities include the management of operations including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs and systems. Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate exemplary operations skills in all aspects of the restaurant including making quality products for our customers and ensuring each delivered product meets Papa John’s standards and accurately reflects the customer’s order. Professionally and promptly respond to all customer concerns or issues. Solicit customer feedback, share feedback with team, and use feedback to improve restaurant operations and build brand loyalty. Communicate, train and promote quality standards to team members by utilizing all available tools including Operations Manual and Team Member Handbook.
- Supervise a restaurant team, maintain adequate shift staffing levels according to projected sales, properly train team members to exceed customer expectations, ensure compliance with uniform and appearance standards, and coach for improved performance. Ensure team is quality and customer focused and build an atmosphere of teamwork, energy and fun.
- Contribute to sales goals by providing prompt and friendly customer service; building check averages through team member product training and sales execution.
- Contribute to profit goals by ensuring they stay within company guidelines and target goals by accurately utilizing the PROFIT System. Execute cash management duties. Assist in the management of adequate inventory levels using the company’s systems and guidelines to minimize loss. Manage company’s assets by ensuring the restaurant is clean, safe and organized; complies with safety and security standards at all times.
- Follow established guidelines and procedures to ensure accuracy; gets work right despite pressing deadlines; concentrates on routine work details and organizes and maintains a system of records; is alert and aware of surroundings and carefully monitors technical equipment or processes.
- Demonstrate dependability and shows a sense of urgency about getting results; willing to commit the hours it takes to get the job completed; takes responsibility for actions and achieves results; overcomes obstacles.
- Commits to meeting the needs and expectations of the organization’s internal and external customers; builds and maintains a customer base; delivers a high level of customer service; searches continually for ways to increase customer satisfaction (i.e., customer feedback).
- Take action proactively; addresses issues or opportunities without supervision; focuses on desired results and accomplishments; demonstrates clear purpose, enthusiasm, and a “can-do” attitude.
- Initiates and develops relationships with others; demonstrates credibility; confronts conflict quickly and professionally; inspires confidence in others.
- Work cooperatively with others to accomplish business goals and objectives; asks others for their ideas and opinions; supports team’s decisions; contributes to the team’s efforts.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be flexible in availability, including nights, weekends
- Ability to successfully perform the job duties of all positions in the restaurant
- Ability to lead a team during a shift with no supervision
- Demonstrate cash management skills
- Work with phones, computers, fax machines and copiers
- Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of a background check
- Must be able to move and/or lift 50 pounds
- Successful and stable employment history
- Employee discount program
- Opportunity for advancement
- Competitive pay and eligibility for bonus program
BETTER INGREDIENTS, BETTER PIZZA, BETTER PEOPLE, BETTER OPPORUNITY – THAT’S PAPA JOHN’S!
Come join the team that has been nationally recognized as Franchise of the Year, and is the official pizza of the Columbus Blue Jackets and the Columbus Crew!